8.31.2010

"So.. do you text?"

"Yeah."
"Cool."

That is the grand summary of a conversation I had with Anthony yesterday before lunch. "Do you text?" Really. That's worse than last May, when my ingenious pick-up line I used on Levi was, "Do you have a cellphone?" It's only worse because I actually gave Levi my phone number, and I just sort of nodded at Anthony. Jesus Christ. I even saw Anthony today. You know what I did? I waved at him. And he didn't see me. My Uncle John was standing there and he shrugged and said, "You can't win 'em all." Thanks.

I was only at school today to pick up my assignments. I probably won't be in school the rest of this week. Fuck, right? My counselors excused me due to illness in the family.

Sunday night I slept over at the hospital, and pretty much went from there to school yesterday. I got checked out at one - right before French class; I walked in there just to hear, "-- Williamson to the office for check-out." - and then came back to the hospital with my Aunt Michelle, only to find that my mother was moved to the ICU on the third floor. I think she had a panic attack, and they felt she needed more focused specialized care.

It worried me that so many people in our family came up here to see her yesterday. My Aunt Michelle was up here, but she always is. My Uncle John came, and my Aunt Dana. My cousin Jessica and her best friend Meg, and my cousin Drew and his girlfriend. My sister and her fiance, Colt, were up here too, but that isn't surprising, of course. My Nana Joyce and Paw-Paw were up here, and then today my Nana Carole and Dave came, too. Ronald, who is essentially an uncle to me, and my cousin Haden have been up here as well.

Speaking of Heather and Colt's engagement. I never mentioned that on here. He proposed to her on July fifth of this year; it was their four-year anniversary. They plan to marry sometime in the fall of 2013 or 2014, sometime around there. I'll be the maid/maiden of honor. I've never been to a wedding before.

This is Colt's laptop I'm on, and he and Heather just got back, so I'm going to return it to them.

No comments: