7.02.2009

There's murder, murder, on the dancehall floor!

There's blood, blood, on the dancehall walls!
There's gunshots, gunshots, going right through your skin
["Murder in the Dancehall" - Bullet-Proof Marshmallows]

Honestly, I can't understand the rest of the song but IT'S A FUCKING GOOD SONG. :D SERIOUSLY. GO LISTEN. The Bullet-Proof Marshmallows are epic. I am SO going to see them live again this Saturday. I saw them last year and met the drummer (I was afterwards horrified at the fact that I stammer when talking to shirtless guys). My three favorite songs that they performed were "Murder in the Dancehall", "Make Ya Move", and "My Love". I don't usually like reggae, but they're just too cool.

I seriously need to get some real news. :l I think I'll start looking into more Alabama indie bands. Hadji and the Turbans and the Bullet-Proof Marshmallows have absolutely PROVED that Alabama has some epic musicians. I might ask Wyatt, 'cos he's seriously into the local music scene. (Seriously.)

I discovered I have a fascination with dancing with my fingers. When listening to music, I usually start tapping my fingers to go with the song and it substitutes for actually DANCING. Because no one wants to see me randomly jump up and started dancing to a song on the radio. I'm being serious. YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT. xD (I have recently become embarrassed by the way I dance. It's fun in the moment but afterwards it's horrifyingly humiliating.)

Oh. Yeah. My cousin got her belly-button pierced. Honestly, I can't see myself getting more than ear piercings anytime soon. Well, actually, I wouldn't mind having a lip piercing, but my parents would never let that happen. Speaking of appearance-modifying, I decided I don't really want to dye my hair now. I'm fine with it the way it is. If my mom makes me dye it, though, I'll just dye it back my natural color (even though it makes me look paler). Oh, and I was considering getting contacts, because glasses are dorky unless you're some kind of hot blonde scientist (which I am not), but at the same time I think I look weird when I have my glasses off. If I do get contacts, then instead of getting colored ones like I originally planned, I'll probably just get plain ones.

Yeah. I don't really have much else to say, so I'll just post my answers to the second part of the music questionnaire Levi posted. :D

Will you get far in life?
[Andy, You're A Star / The Killers] "Andy, you're a star / in nobody's eyes but mine". I don't think so. o0

Will you get married?
[Maneater / Nelly Furtado] Apparently not. But I WOULD have a nutritional snack. :D

What is your best friend's theme song?
[I Hate Everything About You / Three Days Grace] D: I resent that.

What was high school like?
[Iron Man / Black Sabbath] Butbutbut. I'm not even close to high school.

How can you get ahead in life?
[Love in an Elevator / Aerosmith] LOL 'nough said.

What is the best thing about your friends?
[I'm Not Dead / Pink] They're not dead?

What is in store for this weekend?
[The Crow and the Butterfly / Shinedown] I'll be painting your room at midnight and putting all your books on the top shelf? :D

To describe your grandparents?
[Gunpowder and Lead / Miranda Lambert] Hell no.

How is your life going?
[You Oughta Know / Alanis Morissette] You should know, dammit, you read my blog. Seriously, though, this song has nothing to do with my life. xD

How does the world see you?
[Accidentally in Love / Counting Crows] Does it?

Will you have a happy life?
[Mamma Mia! / ABBA] It'll be exciting enough to exclaim "Mamma Mia!" at. I guess?

Do people secretly lust after you?
[Afraid / Nelly Furtado] I don't know, and I apparently should be afraid of finding out.

How can I make myself happy?
[Don't Go Breaking My Heart / Elton John] But... I don't make myself happy by other people not breaking my heart. o.o That's their choice.

What should you do with your life?
[Don't Stand So Close To Me / Sting and the Police] I'd rather not lust after schoolteachers, thank you.

Will you ever have children?
[I Don't Wanna Be In Love / Good Charlotte] I hope not.

What song would you strip to?
[There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet / Panic! at the Disco] LOL HELL YES.

If a man in a van offered you candy, what would you do?
[Afterlife / Avenged Sevenfold] I have no clue.

What does your mum think of you?
[Barbie Girl / Aqua] ... I resent that.

What is your deep dark secret?
[A Thousand Miles / Vanessa Carlton] Irony. :P Oh so 2007. (I just realized how often I mention 2007 and yet I never explain it.)

What is your mortal enemy's theme song?
[Californication / Red Hot Chili Peppers] ... I don't want to ask.

What's your personality like?
[Kiss the Girl / Ashley Tisdale] Yes, you DO see the name "Ashley Tisdale" right there. I don't see how that describes my personality, though. x.x

What's your motto?
[Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) / Cobra Starship] BRING IT, BITCH.

What do you think about often?
[Sweet Home Alabama / Lynerd Skynard] Sweet home, Alabama / where the skies are so blueee. :D

What do you want right now?
[Kerosene / Miranda Lambert] Bitch, I want to burn this place DOWN.


AND because I'm bored and I don't want to go to bed, here are ten things you probably didn't know about me:

  1. I've lived in the same house nearly all of my life.
  2. My main character is a prostitute.
  3. I love Pringles so much because the guy on the can looks like Grandaddy Vinson (who passed away in June of 1997).
  4. I've always loved "rejects", the kinds of things other people would throw away. My favorite Barbie doll was one that had olive skin and dark brown hair, so she didn't look like all the others, and she had a very literally broken arm. My favorite Ken was one with messed up hair and my favorite Kelly was one with purple splotches on her face.
  5. I first started reading Harry Potter in the first grade. It took me a week to read the second book (I didn't read the first until a few years ago, actually) and I was extremely proud of myself afterwards.
  6. I make graphics, but I can't do that anymore because I have no art program. :l
  7. I say that I hate fairytales but in reality I've always sort of dreamed of a fairytale ending.
  8. I've been unhappy at every single dance except for the seventh grade Valentine's Dance and the End of the Year Dance, because I felt like I actually looked the way I wanted to instead of the way everyone else decided I should look.
  9. I am strangely proud of the freckle that is above my lip. It's weird, but I like it because it looks like Marilyn Monroe's mark. I'm just glad it's a freckle instead of a mole, though. o.o
  10. I like guy clothes and when I'm in stores, I usually look around in the guy sections, but I never buy anything. I love my Converse jeans because they look like guy jeans on me because they're way too large for me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

when i hear music i usually dance wit meh fingers also lol, i dont actually get up and dance =o

Levi said...

You're all laaame. I dance. When no one's looking of course. XD Then again... I don't care what my brothers think about me... so I dance in front of them sometimes... Hehe.

I don't really want any kind of piercing, it's just not for me. Now, maybe a small tattoo on my shoulder or wrist or something. Sure.

And I disagree with the "hot blonde scientist" thing. There are also hot blonde librarians and hot blonde nurses. XD

AND HOLY HOT SAUCE! You know the song Accidently In Love by Counting Crows? I was OBSESSED with that song in 4th grade. NO LIE. Totally, completely obsessed with it.

And I'll listen to Murder in the Dancehall as soon as I find my earphones. I can't find my iPod even. I'm afraid Leo got it and he's chewed it up. Oh God... what am I going to do?

I seriously can't find it anywhere. And I don't know if Leo's got it or if I put it somewhere and forgot or if my dad took it or WHAT.

I'm freaking out. <_<

Dibsy said...

w00t your OC prositute!!! nyaaaa now that i have commented be sure to know that i will probably be here...a lot longer...than you think . *___*

assuming that profile picture is a pic of you, what shampoo do you use and where do you buy it? its so nice... xD

Rhio said...

Lol, I dance at dances. xD And sometimes when my mom is asleep. I was actually hanging out with Leandra at the seventh grade Fall Dance in 2008 and I probably would have started dancing but Mrs. Cavell kicked me out. D: FYI dancing in dresses sucks. Just letting you know.

xD You just had to add the 'nurse' part.


I love "Accidentally in Love". :D ... Obviously. xD

Lmao, yes, Juuni is a prostitute. :P And that is me. Thank you. I use Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal, but actually any shampoo for keeping moisture in works. We usually change shampoos, like, every time we go to the store. Um, you can probably get it at Wal-Mart or Target or K-Mart or Publix or basically any store like that you go to.

Dibsy said...

Um. Thank you for that. xD -goes off- I just use sweetpea Bath & Body Shampoo, only because I think it smells good. *__*

Dibsy said...

Oooh, forgot to mention!!! MY OC is a lesbian vampire. :D Just felt like mentioning that. (vanishes into thin air and a puff of cotton candy)